2013 AboutFace Scholarship Program
The AboutFace Scholarship Program was created to recognize the personal and academic achievements of AboutFace members embarking on post-secondary education. This national award celebrates the accomplishments of AboutFace youth with facial differences and the significant contribution they are making to our organization and their communities.
The scholarship will be open to all AboutFace members within Canada, who are in their final year of high school or CEGEP and will be attending a post-secondary institution in the 2013/14 school year. Two recipients will be selected annually who best exemplifies the qualities of personal achievement and community spirit. We will be recognizing students who have demonstrated both a record of progressive academic success and involvement in AboutFace and their greater community. For the 2013/14 school year, a grant of $2,000 will be awarded.
A complete application consists of the following components:
1) This application form, fully completed and signed.
2) A statement by you, of up to 500 words in length, describing how being involved with AboutFace and other community activities and organizations has impacted your life and shaped your future career ambitions. We want to know how you have helped to make a difference.
3) A letter of reference written by a senior official to support your application. This is a representative from your high school (principal, guidance, counselor or teacher) or a community organization/group (other than AboutFace) with which you are involved.
4) A transcript of your high school or CEGEP academic record, complete to the end of the first term or semester of your final year.
5) A letter of acceptance from a certified post-secondary educational institution.
All applicants will be notified in writing by the end of July 2013 as to their status. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please retain copies of your application materials as originals will not be returned.
DEADLINE - MAY 31, 2013
All applications and supporting documents must be postmarked no later than May 31, 2013 to the address below. No late and incomplete submissions will be considered. Please do not send applications by fax or e-mail.
AboutFace For more information:
Ref: Scholarship Program 1-800-665-FACE ext. 21
1057 Steeles Ave. West
PO Box 702 The Concourse
North York, ON M2R 3X1
Previous AboutFace Scholarship Winners
2012 - Stuart Waddel & Ruaridh MacDonald
2011 - Greg Markham & Audrey Fehr
2010 - Amanda Lizon & Christine De La Cruz
2009 - Joshua McCaul
2008 - William Archer
AboutFace is pleased to announce that the 2013 AboutFace National Scholarship Program has been fully funded by SAP Canada Inc. As a market and technology leader in business management software, SAP is committed to making a difference to helping the world run better and improving people’s lives. The National Scholarship Program is designed to encourage and empower youth to get involved in their community, pursue post-secondary education, and realize their goals and dreams. AboutFace is grateful to SAP for supporting our youth through this important program.